From December 1, 2015, HiProMine S.A. implements the project: InnSecta: innovative production technology of feed materials based on insect biomass. The project is co-financed from European Funds by the National Center for Research and Development, under Measure 1.1 “R&D projects of enterprises”, Sub-measure 1.1.1 “Industrial research and development works carried out by enterprises” of the Innovative Economy Operational Program.
Purpose of the project:
Development of innovative technologies for the production of insects for fodder for fish and companion animals and obtaining finished products: materials and compound feed. The main assumption of the undertaken research will be the use of new protein sources in the form of insect biomass, which will be bred following the proprietary methods developed by the Applicant.
Bred and processed insects will be a source of high-quality protein and fat, used in feeding fish and companion animals. The goals of the project will be achieved thanks to the use of direct results of R&D, which will be:
1) Innovative methods of sustainable breeding and insect processing technologies in industrial conditions.
2) Nutritional and environmental techniques for selected insect species in large-scale production.
3) Balanced, complete feed and complementary feed mixtures for insects, based on waste bio-utilization.
4) New feed materials and complete mixtures with these materials for use in aquaculture.
5) Hypoallergenic, functional complementary feed and high-protein pet food.
Project value: PLN 3,843,244.00
Contribution of European Funds: PLN 2,531,989.00
More information about the program on the website: www.ncbr.gov.pl